mandag 5. oktober 2015

Arena Public Beta v.3

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Hey guys. I feel like I open every post like this, but I really am sorry I haven't had a chance to post in quite some time. I also haven't had the time I wish I'd had to work on my indie game, "Arena". Unfortunately, It doesn't look like I'll be able to post much in the coming time either. Tomorrow morning I leave for the army, and I begin basic training. This might mean I'll have a bit of time to write at night, and it might mean I won't have any at all. I'll simply have to wait and see. I am posting this with quite a good feeling though, as finally, I finished what I believe is worthy of being called Public Beta v.3 of "Arena". There are a few things I'd wish I'd gotten to do, but there's enough new improvements that I feel satisfied with releasing this version. I was especially keen to upload this now, as I for obvious reasons won't be able to do it in quite some time if I don't do it tonight (I'm not bringing my laptop to the army, for now). This new version was especially important to me, as it takes care of many small, annoying problems; it's overall cleaner, and it has more content, to expand upon the experience.

Download the game 100% for free with no adds, no extra software, no bullshit.

Mac:
https://mega.nz/#!vBoDnIAa!R4txEtRCHD70Do2t5iAswRkgCFUUkqC3GfmRZrty3nk

Windows:
https://mega.nz/#!jdomnJBY!wwD5o0Pj-Tjgyj9DdvYZwQgLYlxHDWEtQJJ__AKeXPk

Linux:
If anyone would like a Linux version, building one is no problem, thanks to the amazing Unity 3D game engine. Just post a comment, and I'd be more than happy to get it done as quickly as possible.


Patch Notes
  • Level 6 can now be completed
  • In Public Beta v.2 certain combinations of resolution settings/aspect ratio and monitor screen-sizes meant that the buttons on the main menu were out of frame. The menu design has been improved, and it is now much less likely that this will happen
  • New tab on the main menu directs you to a “help” screen with control scheme and some additional information
  • Level 5 is now slightly easier. Certain jumps relied on exploitation of the physics system, and these have been corrected
  • Level 5 has some new visual features
  • Level 4 has some new visual features
  • Level 1 has some new visual features
  • New water sound effect added to every level
  • General optimalization
  • Miscelaneous minor tweaks and improvements

1 kommentar:

  1. Dont know of that can be done in blogger's rather simple text editor. Just copy-paste the links into the URL bar on your webbrowser

    SvarSlett